Monday, July 24, 2006

Giddy

I’m find that as I get older, there are fewer opportunities to feel giddy, therefore I try to truly cherish those moments. I went to an amusement park on Saturday with a friend who hasn’t been on a coaster in close to 10 years. She felt giddy after riding each of them. As a roller coaster enthusiast (meaning I ride a lot of coasters, a lot), those opportunites only come to me with a new coaster, and even then, only if it’s exciting.

Last night, I felt giddy. Tom and I went to see Monster House in digital 3D. We’ve seen digital, done well. We’ve seen 3D, done well. This was our first time with both together, done well. The initial amount of perceived space tickled me. It was done so well, that shortly into the movie, the third dimension felt natural. I leaned over and said, “there will come a time when this is no longer impressive.”

Oh, and I’m excited about getting my first real pair of dance shoes. They should arrive Wednesday, just in time for class. We’ll see if I’m still as giddy once I’m elevated 3”. :)