Monday, August 07, 2006

Trust

I've always thought of myself as a trustworthy person, but pretty much took it for granted when people opened up to me. That was in college. I felt like the dorm counselor because so many people came to me for my perspective on things. Since then, being eschewed from the safe confines of educationland, I see how little people trust others. Granted, there are those who have an easier time at it, and I still fall into the end of the spectrum where I trust too easily.

My point is, as you wouldn't have been able to guess from the above paragraph, that being trusted is a gift. Especially from those at the more conservative end of the trusting spectrum. So, this post is a reminder of how feeling accepted, valued, and trusted shouldn't be taken for granted.

No comments: