Monday, June 02, 2008

My Purpose

My entire life has been preparation to receive the words I was given yesterday. Although the specifics of how are not yet clear, my purpose of being is.

It is literally the last thing I thought I would be. (I thought I had a greater likelihood of being a politician!) But in a sense, that’s what makes it perfect. Even though it makes sense on many levels, I am not ready to announce what I am for various reasons.

Practically, although there may be suitable words to describe my purpose, the limiting (labeling) nature of language and certain connotations potentially narrow or redirect what is true. Therefore, I haven't chosen the words yet. Well, there are some general words, but sharing them at this point would be like an episode of TV's Lost, where there are more questions at the end than the beginning.

Personally, I choose to be free of external approval, support (or disapproval). I have only consciously lived with this knowledge for a day so far, so I am experiencing swings between the extremes of instinctual knowing and rational doubt. Explaining things right now just wouldn't serve anyone.

Respectfully, the reason I mentioned this at all, particularly in-person to friends today, was to share something of my life. It was/is not my intent to "tease" or withhold information; the details will unfold naturally.

Trust me, I want details too... how do I? when do I? what if this? what if that?
**SCREECHING HALT!!!*** Psychological time, anyone?

Phew! yeah... in the meantime I choose to stay present and centered. :)

I appreciate your understanding and patience.

No comments: