Sunday, June 01, 2008

Case for Pleasure

I finally got around to reading Chapter 1 (PDF) of Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts. It's interesting, and while I totally support the case for pleasure, I do see that I am missing out in various ways. Anyway, here are a couple of tidbits that I attempt to incorporate into my life:

"...true generosity does not occur unless you give from your own surplus. In other words, until you have yours, you don't have anything to give others. Some people can experience surplus when they have a dollar in their pocket. Some feel poverty when they have a million dollars."

"A little secret I'm going to share with you here is that getting your bliss starts with finding the bliss WHERE YOU ARE."

And a relatively new adoption for me, "Don't bother to deconstruct your intuition. Asking why is like trying to figure out a very complex puzzle, and its solution, if you happen upon it, is not always very interesting."..."Most of us get really hung up on the long, crooked, ungratifying trip into Why Things Are the Way They Are. This trip is usually a big maze with no cheese at the end. The problem with looking for the why of it all is that you never really, truly find it. And if you do, it doesn't necessarily make your life any better." Who knew? ;)

"And a key step... is to party, rigorously, from where you are."

No comments: