Friday, March 14, 2008

What I like about me

Those who know me understand that I tend to have a less than positive opinion of myself due to my ruthless inner critic. Although I have made headway in redirecting that energy, there is still a lot conditioning that has to be recognized as such and discarded in order for my authentic self to emerge and truly participate in, and contribute to, life.

Those who don't know me but have seen my blog may come to a similar conclusion, as although there is a positive direction to my efforts, I've noticed that most of my focus has been on my weaknesses and flaws. Although I have to look at them in order to change, the extent to which I'm doing so may contribute to my unbalanced view of myself.

In that vein, and not to be vain, I use this post, on this 35th anniversary of my birth, to acknowledge the things that I like about myself.

I...
  • enjoy nature; tress, animals, bugs, etc.
  • cherish moments.
  • notice details.
  • have much capacity for love.
  • want to help.
  • see opportunities for improvement, but want to stay true to what is right.
  • assume people mean well.
  • can be intense.
  • usually pick up subtle hints.
  • like to solve problems.